Monday, November 26, 2012

Simple Cricut Christmas cards {A Modern & Country version}

I know many people in the crafty world have seen and used Washi tape.  If you haven't, Washi is a patterned tape that you use for fun additions and embellishment to pages, cards, altered books, even organizers use it to color code calendars.  Target has a line of Washi that comes color blocked with two versions of polka dots, one stripe, and a solid. It comes in red, yellow, blue, orange, and green.  I picked up the red and green for some Christmas crafting.  The first thing I used them on is this card.


I used my Cricut and the Art Philosophy cartridge to make a basic cut card out of white cardstock.  On the inside, I added the Washi , leaving the trees open to the sticky part of the tape.  I then sprinkled it with large crystallized glitter.  It sticks to the tape perfectly!


Then I added a strip of the red stripe across the bottom, tucking it around the edge.  I like the candy cane look of it!  The I combined 2 stamp sets to create the sentiment, stamped in Tulip ink.



Now here's a thing about me.  I have an issue with throwing away crafty goodies.  So I had to figure out what I could do with the trees cut from the first card.  Here's what I came up with.
 

It's a little bit of country glam, and I love it!  I used a Kraft card base that I rounded the corners of just 2 edges.  It's the same design as the first card, but tweaked. I pop dotted the trees, leaving the backing on. 


Then the trees were covered in glue and then I pressed fun flock onto them.  I heat embossed in white the sentiment, and added glitter tape under it.



Two variations of a simple Christmas card that I will be happy to send out this week.  They took me less than an hour total to make 20 (10 of each design).

Thanks for stopping by!
~Erin

1 comment:

Kim said...

fab ulous technique, stunning cards!