Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Dad the Hero

This isn't related to anything I normally write about here on my blog, but my heart is full of memories right now, and need to write about it a little.



My dad is retiring today, after 27 years of being a fireman with the Rowlett, Texas Fire Department.  He actually was a volunteer before that, and was a Sheriff's Deputy before that!  I am 33, so basically my whole life, my memories are of him being that hero that every child of a public servant sees their parent as.  And now that he is retiring as the Fire Chief, I feel a sadness in me that I didn't expect.  I am realizing that I will miss it too.  I'm proud of what my dad has accomplished over the years, and what his mind and body have endured for being in fire and rescue so long.  So I'd like to share a few memories that I have as a fireman's daughter.  But I won't, because it would embarrass him.  I actually typed out a long post, then deleted it.  Just the fact that I wrote this much will embarrass him.  He's one of those "It's just my job, ma'am." kind of guys.  I'll only link to a story I found about him here, and save the private stories for our family.

Wishing I could be there tomorrow for his big retirement party!
Love you so much dad!
~Erin


1 comment:

Haley D. said...

Please thank your dad for his service! Best wishes for this next leg of life's journey!